INCEPTION special session in IFAC Symposium ACA'19
September 1, 2019
The INCEPTION team organized a special session during the 21st IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aerospace (ACA’19) (link) that was focused on Nonlinear Flight Control, Envelope Prediction and Protection Techniques for Flight Safety. It was chaired by Hyo-Sang Shin, Center for Autonomous and Cyberphysical Systems, Cranfield University and co-chaired by Alexandra Moutinho, Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa, who are the key personnel of INCEPTION.
During the session, several papers were presented, most of which from INCEPTION researchers:
- Closed-loop Analysis with Incremental Backstepping Controller considering Measurement Bias - B.-J. Jeon, M.-G. Seo , H.-S. Shin and A. Tsourdos,
- Two-Layer On-line Parameter Estimation for Adaptive Incremental Backstepping Flight Control for a Transport Aircraft in Uncertain Conditions - D. Ignatyev, H.-S. Shin and A. Tsourdos,
- Addressing Actuation Redundancies in Incremental Controllers for Attitude Tracking of Fixed-Wing Aircraft - R. Cordeiro, J. R. Azinheira and A. Moutinho,
- Towards Resilient UAV: Escape Time in GPS Denied Environment with Sensor Drift (I) - H.J. Yoon, W. Wan, H. Kim, N. Hovakimyan, L. Sha, P. G. Voulgaris,
- Integration of Phase Plane Flight Envelope Protections in Cascaded Incremental Flight Control - A. Gabrys, R. Steffensen, R. Cordeiro, J. R. Azinheira, A. Moutinho, F. Holzapfel,
Presentations caught the great deal of attention from ACA Conference participants and after the exciting Q&A session and discussion of results achieved so far in the project, researchers connected and left to prepare for the next day of the conference.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (H2020-MG-2016-Two-Stages) under grant agreement No. 723515. This publication/multimedia product/presentation reflects the views of the author, and the European Union cannot be held responsible for any use which might be made of the information contained therein.